Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Into the Swing of Things

So, I hadn't really realized just how Americanized I had become over the last few months of living on my own in the US of A. Maybe it's just because I'm tired and jet lagged, but I keep doing things like trying to get in on the driver's side door as a passenger and occasionally still think oncoming traffic is on the wrong side of the road and heading right toward me. I keep startling myself when I hear people's accents and forget where I am. It feels like home... but it is not.

As for seeing Luke for the first time in 3 months...It was weired for a while, but in a nice way. For the first few times he spoke to me I responded with something like, "Its that voice Ive been hearing for 3 months! Hello, Voice! Youre real again!" It didnt take long before things started to get back to normal and calm down, but that initial feeling of seeing someone you havent seen in a long time always still overwhelms me.

Now, Its on to the wedding plans. We have 5 weeks to basically do the whole thing. I wont bore you with details, but suffice to say theres a lot to do. Anyway, I am pretty beat so im going to leave this for now... I have another full day tomorrow of organizing things, and my sister is coming down from Scotland for a visit which I am really looking forward to. Until then, its rest and reflection for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Silktide SiteScore for this website